Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Still Life's Of Pride-June 24'th 2014


                              With transgender rights are now the next hurtle to jump over in terms of sexual oriented prejudices? There was this photographic concept that continued to be uppermost in my mind. On some of the rainier days earlier this month? I became very aware of the It Gets Better project,and its accompanying online videos telling the story of many transgender'd young people. As I looked around the home? The pride rainbow colors seemed to be everywhere. So using my new Nikon Coolpix camera's color isolation capabilities? I managed to take these images and see how a rainbow would look if only one color was visible and everything else was black and white. Please let me know how this symbolism reacts to you. Thank you!. 
































2 comments:

  1. You really need to watermark your pictures for the web. I love the color isolation. Very creative my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watermark photos of people. But with my own experience,not judging anyone else? I try not to give in to any paranoid "mean world" syndrome where everyone is out to get the other. Not that I trust everyone by any means. Just feel that often enough? Any sort of copyright protection is more a hindrance than a help these days.

      Delete