Saturday, June 7, 2014

Bangor's Queen City Pride Festival 2013-Andre's Photographic Portrait


               On Saturday June 29th,2013 I attended the Bangor LGBTQ Pride Festival-as I have been doing for the past several years. Despite my own personal situations,I marched in the actual parade and held a huge rainbow flag. I took many photographs of the people at the event: before,during and following the parade. It was an ecstatic event because within one year? Same sex marriage had become legal in the state of Maine and President Obama had just defeated the homophobic bill DOMA-the Defense Of Marriage act. Using a special online device,I was able to render these photographs to appear similar to acrylic paintings. I did this to express the artistic color and beauty that the participants in last years Bangor Pride Festival showcased. I want to dedicate this to my friends Josh Honeywell,Scott Feeney,Jessi Mallory and Harrison Scott Ankers-all of whom appear in these photographic renderings. Enjoy!
























































No comments:

Post a Comment