Monday, September 30, 2013

September 2013: A Photographic Month In Review

     For this my second post of this sort,I'm going to do something a little bit different. The month of September began with some damp and unseasonably chilly temperatures so,what some once called "Indian Summer" was somewhat literally a wash out in my area. Almost as soon as Autumn arrived,so did an enormous improvement in weather. So the day this happened I was back out taking pictures. So this month in review is primarily going to focus on the final days of the month. Which were very prolific photographically for me.
                                                        
                                                            ***
       *We begin with Langley's Strawberry And Vegetable Farm. During this time of year,they have a bountiful Pumpkin patch and a wide variety of decorative gourds and edible squash to choose from. My family and I also selected our own four pumpkins,which you'll see in the back trunk of the car here as well.The friendly staff their encouraged me to photograph their grounds and post it on their Facebook site. Which I will do along with this presentation. Since they were so kind as to allow me to photograph their richly colored farm,why not share the results right? 






























































      *Immediately after Langley's the family headed over to Sprague's Nursery to view their own  harvest time wares. I actually had a chance to quietly observe their craftsmanship in painting Halloween pumpkins. I've seen this hand painted Jack-O-Lanterns around for over a decade now. However these images were painted with the techniques of expert and imaginative crafts-people than I'd ever seen before. Some of these particular images will show up among a few other things that presented themselves here.













































    














































         *I was told that the Bangor Boardwalk was alive with foliage already,even though the season hadn't yet reached its peak. Upon my visit the following Saturday after the visit to Langley's and Spragues, there were few moments of my hike through the area where I wasn't taking a photograph. What your about to see are a select group of photographis taken that day that actually reflect almost 200 pictures that I took on that day.                             


  

   
            *Last but not least there's my visit yesterday to the Hirundo Wildlife Refuge,near the same lake where I once summered with in my youth with family. In all the years in doing so,this represents my very first visit here. And although its off season its more than a welcome visitation to one aspect of an area that I knew fairly well but never thoroughly explored.






























































           Well there you have it: at least the conclusion of how I spent my September 2013 photographically. It was by now means a three day blitz. In the two decades since I've been doing photography I've never found it very productive or enlightening to rush through taking photos on some type of clock. That may be why I drive some people crazy when I find myself stopping so often to take pictures on these outings. On the other hand during this time period everything worked out so well that everything in front of the camera came together with the intended clarity. Overall with what photographs I've taken this month-from Portland,Fipps Pond and onto foliage season here its been a resounding success.
  
                                                          ***












No comments:

Post a Comment