Saturday, February 8, 2014

Frederick Ohmacht: A Photographic Portrait By Andre'

                As this first volume of my ongoing series of photographic portraits,I would like to introduce you to Mister Frederick Ohmacht. He and I first met one another over seven years ago when we connected via an online conversation in the autumn of 2006 -particularly over our mutual interest in photography. In addition to that he was also an independent computer technician, Fred also helped me to learn a great deal about the many different photo storage and editing software/techniques that could be used on the then still relatively infant world of consumer type digital photography. He readiness to answer any of the many questions I peppered him-based on his own digital photography experience, with was very helpful during that time: barely a year into my transition from 35mm SLR to digital photography. He also expressed a desire to go on photography expeditions along the Maine coast,which we managed to do. Fred and myself also connected on a personal level as well. 

                  Both of us were facing a number of emotional and physical challenges in our personal lives. Including having to come to terms with difficulties from our pasts. Fred's openness-as well as his calm,kind and friendly demeanor, was equally as instrumental in helping me to make it through that trying time as it was in helping me understand the changes happening in photography at that time. With Mister Ohmacht's permission,I would like to present this selection of portraits that I took of him during the September and October of 2006 on some of our journey's to Acadia National Park,his home and Augusta and during a portrait session  (in both color and black & white) near the Penobscot river . They profile the many different emotional expressions of Frederick Ohmacht,as well as his interest in photography and tinkering. They were all taken with my very first digital camera-an Aiptek DV4500 camcorder which contained a 4MP digital camera as well.






















































The Aiptek DV4500 Camera,Manufactured In 2004




1 comment:

  1. I love them all. Made me go back to when we were very happy together

    ReplyDelete