Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Andre's Arquitectura: February 5th,2014

                   Eight years ago,when I was first beginning to display some of my earliest digital photographs publicly within my local community,a possible idea for a theme began to present itself. It became apparent that in this area there were a lot of local buildings of both antiquity and modern vintage. I've always been fascinated by finding new and unexpected ways in which to photography architecture. Especially when it creates powerful new visual contrasts. Knowing the city of Bangor's tendency to raze many of their historic buildings to make extra room for roads and businesses,the need to preserve them photographically was critical. As static photographs,the ones I had taken were very good ones. Yet there was something unrealized about the compositions.

                Based loosely on the Rorschach-type layout that I was already beginning to work with, I began to recreate the designs of some of these photographs using that technique. Once some of these designs were completed, I decided to call the display project that came from it Andre's Arquitectura. In terms of the project itself,I was unable to find a physically or financially feasible means with which to display the work publicly. Since that time my camera equipment and abilities as a photographer significantly-and in a strong synchronicity with each other. So today I would like to present to you the first in a series of my revitalized Andre's Arquitectura concept. These photographic creations are based on photos taken on both Outer Broadway, Union Street and Hogan Road in Bangor on February 1'st and 4th of this year.




  
                 
 











 





































































No comments:

Post a Comment